Education Career Guidance (ECG)
We aim to:
- Provide opportunities for pupils to develop career awareness, self-awareness of strengths and interests and explore educational pathways in Singapore
Education and Career Guidance (ECG) is about equipping pupils with the necessary knowledge, skills and values to make informed decisions at each key education stage for successful transition from school to further education or work, and hence to manage their career pathways and lifelong learning throughout their lives. Through ECG, social emotional competencies and qualities of proactivity, adaptability and resilience are developed to prepare pupils for the 21st Century.
4 Goals of ECG are to:
Overview of Curriculum
Primary 3 & 4
Primary 5 & 6
· Appreciating People of Different Occupations
· Motivating Me
· Working With People, Data, Things And Ideas
· Creating a Representation of Myself
· Exploring Work Activities and Work Values
· My Education Pathway
· Selecting My Secondary School
· My Profile
· My ePortfolio
· Let’s Play Smart!
· Creative Poses
· How May I help You?
· Keep Exploring and Discovering
· Exploring the Industry Landscape
· Exploring Occupations
P3 and P4 -- Explore and Discover
- Provide opportunities for pupils to explore the world-of-work
- Allow pupils to understand their interests/talents/strengths/skills in relation to the world of work
P5 and P6 – Dream for Our Future
- Allow pupils to discover and explore opportunities related to various occupations
- Provide opportunities for form teachers and pupils to explore pupils’ aspirations together
MySkillsFuture Portal for P5 and P6 pupils
The MySkillsFuture portal for pupils is a one-stop ECG portal that empowers our Primary 5 and Primary 6 pupils to embark on a journey of self-discovery and make informed education and career choices. Pupils may use the information and tools to explore various education and career pathways, and take charge of their future. Pupils are given opportunities to explore their educational and career interests via MySkillsFuture portal during Form Teacher Guidance Period (FTGP) lessons.
Click here for ECG (My SkillsFuture) portal
P5 Career Talk
The career talk is conducted for all Primary 5 pupils at the end of the year as part of the post-exam activities. It is aimed to promote awareness of the different careers to allow our pupils to have a better understanding of the academic prerequisites/ pathways for each of the career and job expectations. Through this talk, we hope that our pupils get to meet outside specialists to share about their areas of work and experience in educational and career planning.
P6 Secondary School Talks
As part of the post PSLE activities, all Primary 6 pupils attend talks held in Ngee Ann Primary School by Secondary school representatives. Through these sessions, pupils can find out more on the holistic curriculum offered by each secondary school and also learn about secondary school life. At the end of the session, they can also interact with students of the secondary schools to find out its school culture as well as ask questions to clarify their doubts.
Useful Websites for Parents
- MOE Education
- Direct School
- MOE Schoolbag
- MySkillsFuture portal
website on ECG
- ECG Resources (E-book Publications)
- Journeying with Our Children, Achieving their Aspirations
2. The Next Step Forward
3. What’s Next (After PSLE)
4. Hand In Hand - Journeying Together